Monday, April 5, 2010
#7: Name Game
My great friend Krystle introduced this game to me when I was pretty new in the cell group. This is the perfect game when there are many new friends in the cell group, or when there are many members from other cell groups coming for make-up cell group.
Will guarantee that you'll know at least a name or two after the game. So it's good for bonding :)
1. In a circle, the Game Master instructs each person to write his/her name down clearly on a scrap of paper.
2. Beginning with the Game Master, the game will go something like this:
Game Master: "Rachel, Chloe!"
Chloe: "Chloe, Pauline!"
Pauline: "Pauline, Emmanuel!" and so on.
3. When a person misses a beat/fouls, the game stops.
4. The Game Master will instruct everyone to pass his/her scrap of paper to the left. Everyone opens up the paper and "adopts" the identity of a new person. E.g. Pauline passes her paper to the left to Samuel, now Samuel's name/identity is "Pauline."
5. Proceed with Step 2 - 4 but with new names.
1. Put an adjective in front of your name that begins with the same letter as your name, "Amazing Anna" or "Sensational Shiqi" :)
1. Anyone, everyone.
2. Especially if there are a lot of strangers together who don't know each other's names.
3. You want a game to make people bond quickly.
Length of Game:
10 - 15 minutes is sufficient for a lot of fun. Extend/Shorten as appropriate.
Suitable number of people:
6 people and above.