One of my all time favourite, this game allows you to take on a persona of an animal, any animal. You can be an antsy ant or a wholesome whale, from a slithering snake to a little lamb.
1. In a circle of 7 people, each person is to choose an animal they would like to be.
2. After they've chose it, starting from the gamemaster, go clockwise announcing
a) The animal they've chosen (elephant)
b) The sound the animal makes (whoo-oo)
c) The action that accompanies the sound (left hand pinching nose, right hand through the left hand and flap it)
3. When everyone has done so, repeat once more to familiarise.
4. Game begins as everyone claps their hands twice, and slaps their thighs once. To the beat of "We will rock you." Should go something like, " 'Clap-Clap-Slap', 'pause', 'Clap-Clap-Slap', 'pause', 'Clap-Clap-Slap'."
The game master begins by making the action and producing the sound of his animal and making the action and producing the sound of another animal that belongs to another person. Doing it together with the beat. Something like this:
e.g. Person A:
a) 'Elephant action' with the beat of 'Clap-Clap-' and then "Whoo-ooo," to 'Slap' followed by:
b) 'Cat action' with the beat of 'Clap-Clap-' and then "Meow" to 'Slap'
Person B continues with:
a) 'Cat action' and then "Meow"
b) 'Pangolin action' and then "Eeek"
Person C carries on with:
a) 'Pangolin action' and then "Eeek"
b) 'Lion action' and then "Roar!"
and so on.
5. Whoever misses a beat gets a penalty. The forfeit can be immediately administered or accumulated and performed when the game ends.
1. Game Master looking for some fun and excitement to stir up members before cell group.
2. Lots of newcomers to help break the ice.
3. Freshly multiplied cell group to help with bonding.
Length of Game:
10 - 15 minutes is good.
Suitable number of people:
7 people and above.
Grieving a Suicide by Albert Y. Hsu
13 hours ago