Friday, March 19, 2010
#1: 7 Up!
1. Sit in a circle, with around 8 people or more.
2. Going clockwise, each person is to count, a number at a time, beginning from 1, 2, 3...
3. At 7, multiples of 7 or numbers ending with 7 (e.g. 7, 14, 21, 27, 28, 37), the person does not count. Instead he raises his arms above his head and goes "Whoosh!"
4. Continue with the next number.
5. The person who does not go "Whoosh!" when required, or does so on an incorrect number will get a penalty. In addition, pauses longer than 3 seconds are considered to have incurred the same penalty.
Variations:1. If numbers less than 50 prove to be too simple. You belong to a cell group full of Mathematicians in the making. If so, begin with 50 instead.
2. Try counting in Chinese or a different language to have a different effect.
1. Cell group where everyone is tired and looking for a no-brainer.
2. Intelligent cell group where everyone is killer at Maths.
Length of Game:
1. 7 - 10 minutes is a good length to play.
2. Increasing the length of time is good for larger groups.
Suitable number of people:
8 and above.